If you remember, Candace’s Book Blog, Reading Angel and I announced a couple of months ago that we were planning a read-a-thon. Maybe you don’t remember, but you have seen the buttons? Maybe you haven’t heard or seen anything about it? Well, that’s okay because this is the post with all the info! With the read-a-thon just a month away we thought it was time to answer some of your questions, give you the details on how it’s going to work, and show you some of the goodies we have to giveaway. Here are the deets:
- The read-a-thon will kick off on Monday July 12th.You can start reading whenever you want to! There is no minimum amount of books to read. Read at your own pace. I’m going to pick short books, or books I know I can read really fast.
- We are contacting a few bloggers to host mini activities or challenges during the three days. These are optional. You can participate in all of them or none. (But you should participate in at least one!)We will let you know who is hosting what and when during the sign ups.
- We will post sign ups about a week before the read-a-thon begins. You will be able to sign up with Mr. Linky on each of our blogs, so that everyone can see your updates and such. As for the giveaways….we are going to have a ton! Books and Swag packs. There will be a form to fill out to be entered in the giveaways. You don’t have to be a follower of our blogs but we would appreciate it!
- We are doing it during the week because a lot of people are busy with families and work on the weekend. If you work on the days of the read-a-thon, that’s no problem! Like I said before you can read as much or as little as you want. The point is to READ!
- It’s called Once Upon A Read-A-Thon because we thought it was cute. Not because you have to read fairy tales. You can read whatever you want!!
- You don’t have to read for three days straight…please sleep.
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate. You can sign up and update using Twitter, Facebook, Myspace etc.
- Here is just a sampling of some of the goodies I have to giveaway for the read-a-thon!
That’s all the info I can think of at the moment. If you have any questions please ask away! And feel free to put the button on your sidebar!!