If you have not read the or you don’t want to hear about specific movie scenes, read at your own risk. Because I do talk about some specific things.
I usually do these looong and detailed reviews of the Twilight movies, but I’m not going to do that this time. The biggest reason is because I did not read the book again prior to seeing the movie and my past reviews were full of book to film comparisons. (side note–I also think that made me like the movie more!)
Just a little back story: Breaking Dawn was my least favorite in the series–I talked about this the other day–so I wasn’t very excited to see it. That being said, here are my likes and dislikes:
- The scene where the wolves talk in their heads was like a bad Walt Disney movie. I kept expecting them to break into song and dance. It was bad.
- When KStew was ‘nervous’ before walking down the aisle, yeah that just looked like she was going to sneeze to me. BUT that is the only time I cringed at her acting. That is a huge feat!
- I missed the Rosalie/Jacob banter from the book.
- Not clear if it was Bella’s early pregnant glow or a really bad fake tan on the day the cleaners came. Whatever it was it looked horrible.
- I still do not think the imprinting thing was handled well for the movie watchers. If I hadn’t read the books I would be thinking WTF?
- Really liked Edward’s outburst about the baby. Finally some strong emotions!
- Really liked Leah.
- The sexy times were great. There was more to it than the book.
- Bella looked very pretty before the demon baby came, of course.
- They did a excellent job making her look sick!
- Edward’s hair (besides the wedding) was much better than in New Moon and Eclipse.
- LOVE THE BLACK EYES!! I have missed them! I don’t think Edward has been underfed since Twilight. I think the black eyes make him look 100x hotter.
- I really liked the Edward flashback stuff. It was a nice touch.
- I really loved the Bella’s life flashback stuff with her lullaby.
- Bella and Edward were just better. They felt more like B&E from the books, definitely not perfect, but as close as they’ve come thus far. They had much more personality.
- The birth scene was…great. That was what I was dreading the most, but they somehow managed to keep it very close to the book, but it wasn’t as horrifying to me as the book was. They did draw it out a lot for cinematic purposes. (Also, Carlisle was there in the book, right? Never mind, thanks Jessica for letting me know that he was gone! It’s been so long since I read the book. I forgot)
As you can see my likes outweigh by dislikes…..I’m just as surprised as you are! 🙂 I wouldn’t mind seeing it again actually.
Oh and one last thing, since reading Breaking Dawn years ago I have built Renesmee up in my head and a demon child like the zombie baby from Dawn of the Dead:
But…she was kind of cute and not zombie/demon like at all. 🙂 I think now that we are past the horrific birth scene I can like her again!