1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
This was the one book that left me with that consuming ‘Wow’ feeling this year. It really blew my mind. I absolutely loved it and I can’t wait to reread it and read book 2.
2. Chime by Franny Billingsley
This book was just gorgeous. The writing and the story were delicious. It was lyrical and captivating. I just loved everything about it.
3. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
This book is just…WOW. It’s incredible. The taboo storyline and the connection I felt to the characters is what got this book on this list. It really is an amazing book.
4. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I had no idea what to expect going into this story, but it turned out fantastic. It’s so unique and delightful.
5. The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
This is the most amazing book. Everything about it sucked me in.
6. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Lola! I love you! I could not put this book down and I was grinning the entire time.
7. The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan
This is such a little book filled with such meaning. It’s heartbreaking and heartwarming. I feel like I could read it every day and never get tired of it. It’s powerful.
8. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
It’s Lauren Oliver…what do you expect.
9. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
I LOVE THIS BOOK!
10. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
I debated on putting this book on my list because I LOVED the first half but not the second half. That first half kept me so on the edge of my seat and just in awe of the creepiness that I had to include it.
And because it’s so hard for me to stop at 10 here are some others that almost made this list:
Forever, Blood Magic, Other Words for Love,Past Perfect, Where She Went, The Scorpio Races, and Saving June.