Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome people at The Broke and the Bookish
This is a anti-Valentine Top Ten Tuesday! This week’s topic is books that broke my heart a little (or in my case, a lot).
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
This book seriously broke my heart. Seriously.
2. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
The ending of this one was very unexpected for me. I blubbered. It was an ugly cry.
3. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Maggie Stiefvater has said that she wrote this with the intention of making readers cry. It worked very well. My heart was broken! But I loooove that it was mended before the end. Yay for no cliffhanger!
4. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenneggar
This broke my heart more than any book ever. I don’t think anything will ever top it.
5. I Now Pronounce You Someone Else by Erin McCahn
This was one of those books that subtly broke my heart. Where you know it’s for the best, but still….it’s sad.
6. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
This one broke my heart for many reasons. Namely because it really wasn’t what I wanted to happen….(although I am not team Gale! Team Peeta all the way) and…(spoiler!) Prim.
9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
I don’t see how this couldn’t break your heart.
10. Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert
So many sad things take place in this book. It’s a little depressing but a fantastic book.