Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome people at The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Books For People Who Like X Book (Pick a book and pick 10 readalikes)
My book choice is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
1. Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert
Hands down one of the best realistic YA’s ever. Like Perks, it’s about friendship and it’s a coming of age story, but with some very serious undertones.
2. Willow by Julia Hoban
A very good issues book.
3. Looking for Alaska by John Green
Really, any book by Green would be great for fans of Perks.
4. Crank by Ellen Hopkins
Another good issues book.
5. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
Quirky characters and friendship!
6. Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
I really think any fan of Perks would find this book incredible (because it is) and vise versa.
7. The Miseducation of Cameron Post by emily m. danforth
A beautiful coming of age story! I loved it so much.
8. John Belushi is Dead by Kathy Charles
This book doesn’t get nearly as much attention as it should. It was so unique.
9. Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
Another great one about finding yourself and friends.
10. Pink by Lili Wilkinson
I really adored Pink.