Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome people at The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012
1. Laura Weiss – Such a Pretty Girl
Laura’s books have been around for years, but I just recently picked Such a Pretty Girl up. It was such a raw and heartbreaking story.
2. Kristen-Paige Madonia – Fingerprints of You
I adored Fingerprints of You. It was definitely one of the best coming of age stories I’ve ever read.
3. Robin LaFevers – Grave Mercy
Assassin nun! Really, this was just an incredible book.
4. Libba Bray – The Diviners
Can you believe that I just now read a book by Libba? Sad, huh? I loved this one so much! I can’t wait to devour her other books.
5. Elizabeth Wein – Code Name Verity
Wein has written an amazing book. I feel totally confident using the word masterpiece when talking about Code Name Verity.
6. emily m. danforth – The Miseducation of Cameron Post
Cameron Post is one of my favorite books of the year. I can’t wait to see what Emily writes next.
7. Louise Rozett – Confessions of an Angry Girl
Loved, loved, loved Confessions! It was such a fun and realistic read.
8. S.J. Kincaid – Insignia
Insignia was probably my biggest out of my comfort zone book of the year and it really paid off. I loved it so much.
9. Leigh Bardugo – Shadow and Bone
Another favorite of the year. I can’t believe Leigh is a debut author.
10. Trish Doller – Something Like Normal
Something Like Normal might be my favorite contemporary read of the year. Trish’s writing was so gorgeous.