Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome people at The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Words/Topics That Will Make Me NOT Pick Up a Book
1. Vampires – We’re all sick of this one, right? It has to be a vampire book by someone amazing before I’ll pick it up. Like Holly Black…
2. Werewolves – I think the Mercy Falls series (and Twilight) are the only werewolf books I’ve ever really liked.
3. A mysterious boy – These falling in love with a jerky mysterious boy books have always annoyed me.
4. Mermaids – I just don’t like them.
5. A choice between two loves – Ugh, love triangles!
6. Religion – Rarely will I pick up a book knowing it has religious themes, no matter what they may be. I did like Small Town Sinners, though.
7. Historical – I’m not a huge historical fan. Every once in awhile I read one that I adore like Philippa Gregory’s Boleyn books or Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper.
8. Steampunk – I just cant get into steampunk. I’ve tried on multiple occasions.