Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome people at The Broke and the Bookish
This week’s topic is: Ten Books Set Outside The US
We all love books set outside of our home countries, right? Here’s some of my favorite books set outside the US.
1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Australia. Books set in Australia might be the best books or maybe it’s just that Australia authors are incredible?
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Paris. This book. Sigh…
3. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
Central America. I’m pretty sure this is the only book I’ve ever read that takes place in Central America. It definitely made me want to sleep in the jungle.
4. Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston
Canada. It seems like I’ve read a lot of books set in Canada lately. This one was really good!
5. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Europe. This book is just heartbreaking and incredible. I loved it so much.
6. Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
Rome. I really adored these books. The Rome setting was fabulous. I would looooove to have a 3rd book.
7. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
Europe. If you love road trip books and haven’t read this one, you are missing out!
8. Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
Australia. Another awesome book set in Australia.
9. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Prague. The description of the setting were gorgeous, but really, everything Laini Taylor writes is gorgeous.
10. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
London. This book was so much fun!